Multicurrency for Dokan Multivendor Marketplace Plugin
All over the world 164 official currencies are available that means people will love to do their transaction with their own local currency. This part is really important for any kind of business specially for online business. So, if there is flexible currency selection system for the customer to pay for your service or product then your marketplace would be on the top of a customer wish-list.
When you are running e-commerce website made by WooCommerce that time there are lots of multi-currency plugin which can allow your customer to purchase your product by their own currency. Yes, is not very difficult when there is a single store system like WooCommerce. Because the admin will receive the payment in his own base currency while the customer is paying with their own currency. Conversion of the currency is the tricks to work with a multi-currency system.
Now, if you are running a multivendor marketplace powered by Dokan Multivendor plugin then this would be a difficult situation. Because your vendor can register from anywhere and they can have their own currency. So, how your website is going to manage multiple-currency from multiple vendors. Yes, this is a big challenge for Dokan users.
How to use multi-currency with Dokan?
An international marketplace can have customer from all over the globe which is same for the vendor/seller. So, your vendor might need to sell on GBP while your website base currency is USD. For a single vendor it is not the problem but if 3 vendors are selling in 3 different currency that would be a drama for the marketplace.
We were searching for a good solution where the vendor can manage multiple currency and we wanted a solution from the vendor end. That means, vendor would be able to insert different price for different currency (country). This solution can solve every problem.
Suddenly, we found a plugin called Smart Currency Detector(SCD) which is already compatible with Dokan along with other marketplace plugins for WordPress.
SCD plugin will allow your vendor to insert different price depending on country/currency. This plugin has tons of features –
- Specify the number of usable currencies for your different roles
- Set a specific products price for each given currency
- Round up the converted price to your convenience
- Automatic target currency detection, depending on end users Location
- Manual target currency selection, done by end users in your Website
- Customize foreign currencies names, Formats, symbols, signs, brands
- Users to roles settings and restrictions
- Approximate the products price
- Enable the payment with several currencies
- Allow to auto-update exchange rate
- Exchange rates are fetched from Yahoo Finance So they are always updated
- Set a time to update Exchange rates
- Set the position for each currency
- Format / rename your currencies
- Set your preferred currency target (e.g. autodetect)
- End users widget
- Allow adding a decimal number
- Set the number of decimal
- Enable/disable price by currency
- Appropriate for multi-vendor sites (e.g. WC Vendors, Dokan)
- Simplified the products creations UI for multiple currencies
- Mobile friendly
- Replace Original Price
- Supports all modern browsers
- Multi-base currencies
- Set user currency (for wc-vendors user)
- Paypal gateway
- PayUMoney gateway – (soon)
How Smart Currency Detector Works?
After installing the paid version of SCD plugin, your vendor would be able to insert different price for a different country.
To use SCD with DOKAN pro
- Download an install smart currency detector plugin
- Activate the plugin
- Go to your administration panel
- In Woocommerce => SCD currency sub-menu
- In “CURRENCIES SETTINGS” tab check “Multi roles based, webpages display currency”
- Save changes
- Sign in with a vendor account
- Go to the dashboard and add your product
- You have now the possibility to chose many currencies
If you have any question regarding the Smart Currency Detector plugin then you can contact here.